|What shall I wear when temps change? |
Fun Facts..Our body temperatures warm up to 20 degrees so you don’t want to be overdressed when it comes to racing.
The seasons of change are upon us..
Below is a temperature guide to help guide you on those cold or raining runs.
Breathable (made from technical performance materials) use layers of breathable materials:
- Ear warmers
- Gloves (and inserts if applicable)
- As a gentle reminder, always use SPF with (30 or higher) with UVA/UVB protection.
- The sun still provides radiation through the clouds.
- Protect your skin, neck, face and lips (don’t forget the area above your lips)
- 70 degrees and over – singlet or sleeveless shirt (or sports bra) / shorts and SPF (sunglasses if needed)
- 60-69 degrees and over – singlet or sleeveless shirt (or sports bra) / shorts and SPF (sunglasses if needed)
- 50-60 degrees and over – short sleeve or long sleeve performance shirt (if it’s windy, wear something that will block the wind). Capri’s or shorts and SPF (sunglasses if needed)
- 40-50 degrees and over – lightweight wind blocking running jacket (if needed) + short or long sleeve performance shirt, tights or pants that are not floppy (you want something for aerodynamics). Gloves, ear warmers or running hat. Don’t forget your SPF (sunglasses if needed).
- Below 40 degrees- long sleeve performance shirt, tights or pants that are not floppy (you want something for aerodynamics). Running fleece jacket, Gloves, ear warmers or running hat and neck protection (neck cover that also works as a mouth cover). Don’t forget your SPF (sunglasses if needed).
It’s also a good idea to wear some type of facial moisturizer (some have built in SPF which is a perfect combo) this will help with minimizing wind burn.
|Or if you have an Amazon Alexa, she will take the guesswork out of layering up for your next run.|
Just say, “Alexa, launch Running Clothes,” and Alexa will figure out your next running outfit based on current weather conditions.
This Alexa skill was created by our very own Caroline Dunn and was a top 10 Finalist at Amazon this year!
Tina coached Caroline to Gold & Silver Medals for Team USA in Toronto this year.