There are many benefits of being happy, scientific evidence suggests that being happy may have benefits for your health. Studies have shown that happier people are more likely to eat healthier and engage in some type of physical activity.
- Promotes a healthy lifestyle
- Combat stress
- boost your immune system
- Protects your heart
- Pain reduction
- Increases you life expectancy
Our Pathways to Happiness & Health:
- Feeling Good. When I think about getting my game on for training or racing, I think of upbeat positive songs. What songs are your feel good songs? “I feel good……by James Brown”; or “I’m walking on Sunshine” or “Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles” “Prince’s Let’s Go Crazy” or Queen’s “Don’t stop me now”; “All Star” by Smash Mouth, “Put your Records on” by Corine; “Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield, are just some fun happy upbeat songs. I know there are so many others but those were the ones that popped up instantly.
- Engage with activities and explore~
- Be a Role model and do some good – it will make you smile when you see others be happy. Philosopher Aristotle described the highest good humans could strive toward – a life “well lived”
- Give yourself (and a gift for someone) the gift of health without being inside a gym, but outside with nature~and experience eudaimonic.
What does it mean to say that Aristotle’s ethic is Eudaimonic? The closest English word for the Ancient Greek term eudaimonia is probably “flourishing”. The philosopher Aristotle‘s eudimonia, he used it as a broad concept to describe the highest good humans could strive toward – or a life ‘well lived’.
Being in flow with our Pathways to H&H (Health & Happiness)
- Lose awareness of time. Have you ever lost yourself in working on a project, sport, baking, etc., and totally lost track of time?
- You’re not thinking of yourself. Your awareness of yourself is only in relation t the activity itself, i.e. balance your body parts when you skate or ski.
- You are active.
- Work effortlessly.
- You ‘re not distracted by extraneous mundane thoughts.