5 SSSSS when it comes to sports training…
Ken Doherty once said “There are 5 S’s in Training: Stamina, Speed, Strength, Skill and Spirit. The most important is Spirit.
When it comes to Sports Training, we must endure the training and knowledge-both go hand in hand..
- Stamina – You train for weeks, days, hours to do what you have to do, showing up to train is half the battle ~ mental toughness and determination.
- Speed – Training and foot turnover along with strength go hand-in-hand for reaching your race time goals.
- Strength – Learning the skills, technique and efficiency to make you a stronger, smarter athlete (this includes):
- Injury Prevention
- Skill – Learning skills helps cross over into strength needed to help you reach your goals.
- Spirit – Mastering the Inner spirit, the harmony between your body and mindset to continue on to discover the hidden talents you have as an athlete!