Hey Balanced Runners –
Hope everyone has recovered from last week’s great race. Not only did we have a lot of fun, but some completed their first race, and others set PRs/hit goals. WELL DONE!
Is it going to rain tomorrow morning, or will it be dry? We don’t know, so we’re going to hedge and Coach Tina is going to put us through her favorite workout – Mona Fartleks. If the ground is firm enough, and it is not raining, we’ll have a nice round of SSA drills before the workout.
- ROM routine
- Warm-up exercises (hip circles, leg hugs, 1-leg dead lifts)
SSA Drills | 1 or 2 x 20m (weather permitting)
- Easy skip
- High knees
- Butt kicks
10:00 Easy Run
- 2 x 90 seconds, 90 seconds recover
- 4 x 60 seconds, 60 seconds recover
- 4 x 30 seconds, 30 seconds recover
- 6 x 15 seconds, 15 seconds recover
- Stretching routine
- Hip mobility (weather permitting)